It is actually very annoying when you try to install an app with the .apk extension or a game e.g pubg mobile and you get the error message ‘App not Installed’. This error mostly occur when you try to install an app from an ‘unknown source’.
Android system may be complicated and confusing but when you get to understand how it works, you can fix any minor issues on your Android phone easily and then you will realize that the ‘App not Installed’ error message might not even be a software or hardware problem but a direct effect of what you do with your Android phone. Thus giving you the ‘app not installed errormessage’ when you try to install an app.
In this tutorial, I’ll be explaining to you how to fix App not installed error but before we proceed, let’s see the reasons and why you may get the App not installed error message while installing an app.
Reasons why you may get App not installed error message.
There are many reasons why you could get the error message App not Installed when trying to install an application on your Android device. I’ll list and explain the reasons in no particular order below.
- Insufficient Storage: Having a very low storage could have a very bad impact on your android phone. The phone might even lag due to low storage and as well lead to the App installed error message when trying to install an app as there is no enough space for the application installation. Backing up photos, videos and files might be very handy when it comes to managing storage space.
- Different Signatures: When you have an application on you phone before and try to install the same application with a different signature, you may get an error message like this “app not installed the package conflicts with an existing package by the same name” or in some devices you simply get the common App not installed error message.
- Corrupted APK file: Downloading apps from Unknown sources other than PlayStore may result in App not Installed error message or package appears to be corrupt error message because the App file might have been wrongly modified knowingly or unknowingly. So make efforts to download your APK files from the correct source.
- Application Permission: Apps having too many permission request could lead to unknown error message during installation.
- Storage Location: Recent Android phones don’t allow installation of apps on SD card but internal storage. So if you have set your default write disk to SD card, you might get the error message during an app installation.
- Corrupted Storage: SD cards are very prone to being corrupted and to cause the app not Installed error after being corrupted. Even the internal storage, can be piled up with unnecessary junk files from other applications, some of which might contain some files that corrupt the storage and cause the app not Installed error.
How to Fix App not installed Error Without Root On Android
This method on how to fix app not Installed issue works for Tecno, Tecno Spark 2, Tecno Pouvoir, Infinix, Infinix hot 6, Vivo, Huawei, Samsung and all other devices. This fix also applies to applications like pubg mobile, Kingo root, Messenger, Lucky Patcher and some other applications that commonly have these errors.
1. Reset all apps preferences;
To reset all apps preferences,
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps or Apps manager (title may vary in some other devices)
- Click on all Apps
- Click on the option icon
- Select ‘Reset Apps preferences’
2. Avoid SD card installation
Trying to install an app from SD card or an external storage might not be possible because the installer may not completely parse the package correctly from the external storage. All you have to do hear is download the installation package to the internal storage or copy the installation package to the internal storage and install it from the internal storage. The installer will accept the APK file without any error and the app will be installed successfully.
3. Clear the data and Cache of Package installer
To clear the data and Cache of package installer;
- Open Settings
- Navigate to Apps and then
- Look for Package installer under system apps
- Click on it and you’ll find the options to clear data and to clear cache
- Clear data and clear cache
- Try installing the app again
4. Use dr.fone – System Repair (Android) to fix your phone to normal in 1 click.
Android System may require some technical know-how to fix the app not installed error but with the help of dr.fone – System Repair (Android), you can fix not just only the Android App not installed error alone but other issues like, system UI not working, e.t.c. with just one click. One good thing about it is that it is available to both Android users and iOS users.It also has On-screen instructions provided to prevent any mis-operations.Get it on PlayStore and Apple Store.
5. Use older Versions for lower Android versions
If you own an Android phone of Android 7.0 or lower, new versions of applications might not install on your phone due to system limitations. So to solve this error message, install older versions of the app that supports your Android version and install it.
6. Allow Installation from Unknown Sources.
You need to grant access to apps to install from unknown sources. To allow installation from unknown sources;
- Go to Settings
- Open Security and
- Select Unknown Sources
- Enable installation from unknown sources and then
- reinstall the app.
7. Install Apps from Playstore and Apple Store
Installing Apps from Playstore and Apple Store is very well recommended. These apps are the default platforms for app installation on Android and iOS. They have special access to the phone package installer and can also set correct path in the app Installation.
8. Free Up Storage
Some applications require enough storage to install and to safe other files after installation, such as progress, draft e.t.c.Having enough storage will avoid the app not installed error message and will make the app run smoothly.
9. Other fixes include;
- Reboot the device and install app again
- Uninstall previous versions or app with different signatures before installing the app
- Unmount SD card and disconnect your phone from PC or any external storage before installing an app
- Delete .android_secure/smdl2tmpl.asec file from your SD Card.
If any of the above methods does not solve the error, take your phone to a phone expert.
I hope this after reading this post on how to fix App not installed error, you were able to fix the issue. Feel free to leave a comment below if you you still need assistance or if you have any suggestion. And don’t forget to share this post.Thank you!!