If you’re rocking an iPhone 12 Pro, an iPhone XR, an iPad Mini 5, there are plenty of subscription options available on Apple mobile devices. You may have signed up for Apple Music or subscribed to Wired through Apple News. Look out though: with free trial deals, these subscription packages sometimes pull you in and if you fail to cancel before your trial time expires, they can keep hitting your credit card before you put a stop to it. The subscription is automatically extended unless you terminate it until you subscribe to a product or service.
Fortunately, it is easy for Apple to monitor your subscription status or handle subscriptions for programs such as Apple News+, Apple Arcade, Apple TV+, Apple TV channels, and in-app subscriptions that you have attempted and might have missed. Cancelling the paying account ensures that the service will continue to be used until the next billing date. However if you cancel prior to the end of a trial period, you can automatically lose access to your sub. Any way at least 24 hours before it expires, you can still terminate a subscription so that you do not run the risk of being billed.
On an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch, here’s how to cancel subscriptions easily.
01. How to Cancel subscriptions on an iPhone
Reviewing your current subscriptions and changing or canceling them directly from your iPhone is simple. Here’s how to get it done.
- Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Subscriptions.
- Look for the subscription you which to cancel and click on it.
- Click Cancel Subscription or Cancel Free Trial at the bottom.
- You’ll get a pop-up telling you when the subscription will expire if you cancel.
- Tap Confirm to complete the cancellation
Know that before the new billing cycle expires, you will still use your subscription or free trial, so make sure to get the best out of the subscription you still have.
02. How to Cancel subscriptions on a Mac
For MacOS Catalina and later, you can monitor your subscriptions using the App Store app.
- Open the App Store app.
- Click the Sign In button or [Your Name] at the bottom corner at by the left.
- Tap View Information at the top.
- Sign in with your Apple ID, if you are asked.
- On the resulting page, go to Subscriptions > Manage.
- Tap Edit next to any subscription you want to cancel.
- You can also Tap Cancel Subscription. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, then you have already canceled the subscription.